In Honor of Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2 I’ve put together a list of the hottest food-related costume tutorials online.
1. Box of Popcorn – This tasty box of popcorn tutorial is not only creative and interesting, it’s also edible…at least part of it is edible. Fill your box with real popcorn and you’ll be a walking goodie bag fro friends and neighbors.
2. Ice-Cream Cone Kid – Involves some sewing, but the end product is cute and fun. You could even change up the ice-cream flavors to reflect your favorites. I would love a peanut butter fudge brownie cone please!
3. Sushi Hats – Super yummy, easy Sushi! If you need a family or group costume, make different sushi headpieces! This tutorial will get you started with a Shrimp Sushi hat. If you want more you may have to get creative but the photo helps.
4. Ham & Cheese Sandwich – White bread, Complete with pickle! Using foam and pipe cleaners, you can make a pretty convincing sandwich. You could even change it up and make on Wheat or pumpernickel.
6. Strawberry Fairy – I love tutorials that include a list of materials and approximate costs. Pottery Barn Kids has a great costume for a Strawberry fairy. With some creativity, you could turn it into an adult version that would be super fun at a costume party.
7. Cotton Candy Mini - Another Crafty Day shows you how to make a cute mini dress using a pillowcase and tulle to make a cute cotton candy queen. Not super difficult if you have some experience with a sewing machine:)
8. Taco Sauce Packets for Him or Her – Do you like your Tacos Mild, Hot or On Fire? Grab a few friends and turn yourselves into Taco Sauce packets! Super easy and fast costumes that are unique and will definitely get attention.
9. Burger Bag – Another sewing tutorial to make a super fun, velvety, touchy-feely burger adult costume. Along with the tutorial is the list of materials and how to make your pattern.
10. Cherry Pie Costume – Create a pie costume in 1 hour out of cardboard, felt, and duck tape. Change up the pie felt color to make your favorite pie:)